Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Building the Rack, Phase 2

I had a little more time the other evening and put together an offset frame that mounts to the engine and also to the rack.  I cheated and welded this together because I didn't have the hardware handy to bolt it together.

I then attached it to the engine and clamped it on the rack to see how the alignment was.  The engine has to sit back there pretty far in order for the belt to clear the bike brakes.




I took the bike for a spin under pedal power to get a sense of the handling.  Hmmm, feels like a 25 lb. child on a bike seat back there.  It's okay, but we won't be bustin' any moves in a BMX competition.  I'm going to see if I can reposition it so the engine's mass is more forward.  There just might be clearance for the belt if I can get it forward enough.  More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment